JOB Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Job Description: Approved Client Remote Locations: Denver, CO, New York, NY, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA
The main function of a QA analyst is to develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. An entry level QA test analyst will typically run scripts given to them; as they progress, the analyst is responsible for the development of scripts.
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures.
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
• Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.